S1 Civic Group
Waggaman, Louisiana 70094
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
LOM Volunteer Fire Station
Modern Farms Road
What a great turn-out and informative meeting:
- Jefferson Parish President, John Young, discussed the upcoming water and sewerage millage vote which will be October 19, 2013. We will shortly post a link to that video that he presented. Also present were Jefferson Parish’s director of Publicity, Kriss Fairbairne, representatives of Sewerage, Water. Drainage and Waste Departments.
- Sabrina Phillips, Waggaman Development Group President, outline upcoming projects for her group:
Landscaping and lighting for the new pavilion which was just recently completed
Landscaping for the Waggaman Sign
Donation of flags and flagpoles to the Library as well as to the park
Donation to the Senior Olympics
- Landry Camardelle discussed Senior Olympics which is being hosted by Jefferson Parish for the first time. Waggaman will have the honor of hosting the Horseshoe Games as well as a 5-K race on the levee. He will be sending out more information shortly. Anyone 50 years older and older may participate in the games.
- Progressive Waste Solutions discussed their scholarship program. Forms were available at the meetings, but if you missed it, click here to download one.
- The organization voted to hold the the annual Night Out Against Crime in conjunction with the Waggaman Civic Association this year at the Thomas Jefferson Park at our new pavilion. The event this year is October 15, 2013.
- Captain Larry Dyce presented our crime stats.…which for our area of Waggaman were extremely low. He and Sgt. Boudreaux discussed the upcoming Citizens Academy which is free to all Jefferson Parish citizens and will educate them on the workings of the police department. Many of the organizations members have taken this course and highly recommend it.
- Special guests, Judge June Darensburg and Judge Lee V. Faulkner, Jr. spoke a little about the court system and opened the floor for discussions.
- State Representative Robert Billiot discussed our upcoming drainage project on S. Kenner Road.
- Jefferson Parish has updated it’s website. It’s clean and very user friendly. Check it out: jeffparish.net
- Permit Office is going online! The first phase of this launch provides the public the convenience of tracking the progress of their permits, downloading inspection reports and plan review files via a free customer portal account. Additional phases to be announced will provide the ability to request inspections and apply for permits online.The following link will take you to a PDF document that gives instructions on how to set up an account on the My Permit Now customer portal:
My Permit Now Customer Portal usage instructions
To link directly to the My Permit Now customer portal, follow this link:
- The Waggaman Development Group now has a Facebook page. For all the latest on projects in the community, check out their page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Waggaman-Development-Group/267374469969800