S1 Civic Group
Waggaman, Louisiana 70094
Yes, we are still discussing Avondale Shipyards moving into a residential area. What is Jefferson Parish President John Young’s position on all this? He is the one who constantly says that the parish has learned it’s lesson on poor planning. Seems like business as usual. Where is the leadership?
While we are not against jobs and development, we believe that the proper infrastructure needs to be set in place prior to encroachment that would adversely affect the quality of life of the citizens of Waggaman.
Let us know what you think? The Waggaman Development Group has a Facebook page.….drop us your comment on this or any other issue in our community.
The Waggaman Civic Association will hold their annual Easter Egg Hunt under the beautiful trees in Thomas Jefferson Park, April 19, 2014.
Come on out for a great time.
The Boy Scouts will be selling concessions.…they are working toward new camping equipment.
- Looking for college money? IESI has 15 $1,000 scholarships available to Jefferson Parish residents (Waggaman residents get priority!) Click here for Scholarship Application.
- Jefferson Parish has updated it’s website. It’s clean and very user friendly. Check it out: jeffparish.net
- Permit Office is going online! The first phase of this launch provides the public the convenience of tracking the progress of their permits, downloading inspection reports and plan review files via a free customer portal account. Additional phases to be announced will provide the ability to request inspections and apply for permits online.The following link will take you to a PDF document that gives instructions on how to set up an account on the My Permit Now customer portal:
- To link directly to the My Permit Now customer portal, follow this link:
- The Waggaman Development Group now has a Facebook page. For all the latest on projects in the community, check out their page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Waggaman-Development-Group/267374469969800